New at raising baby chicks: is Apple cider vinegar safe to mix with Coris when treating coccidiosis?

Deltaanne

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2020
I am totally new to the world of raising chickens, so I am trying to learn as much as possible right now. I bought my chicks less than a week ago from tractor supply and have noticed one has diarrhea with what appears to be blood. The local feed store recommends I treat them all for coccidiosis, but also mentioned apple cider vinegar being antifungal, antiparisitic, and just great for chicks or chickens of all ages. Would it be safe to add a small splash of the apple cider vinegar to the Corid in their water?

I don't use ACV and a lot of folks on here don't buy into it (and lots that do). While using Corid I'd definitely stick strictly with Corid and water, nothing else.

As an aside: Once you're done with the Corid treatment, if you decide you want to use ACV in the water, that's up to you. Just keep in mind it's corrosive so it should not be used in a metal waterer, if that's what you have.

Back
Top Bottom