New attwoods babys

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RogerTheChicken, Mar 7, 2015.

1. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    It all started yesterday around 4, I went to attwoods to get a new heat lamp and heat bulb for the chicks I would be getting at attwoods the next week. They were out of heat bulbs though, so I had to go to tsc, anyways I walked by the chicks and scanned them just for fun. I wasn't planning on getting any but I saw a white silkie in there and I had to get it because they usually don't have silkiee up there and it was way cheaper than what I had paid for them on mypetchicken.com. I understand if they are too young to tell the breed, just thought I'd post, they are all bantams. They all have single combs except for chick two and chick four. Chick three is the only clean legged one.[​IMG]
    Buff Cochin?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Definite white silkie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No guess from me on this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No guess on this one either

[​IMG]
    Black Cochin?

[​IMG]

No guess on this one

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

3. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    Thanks , I think the black cochin could be silver laced, it now has wing feathers now have a silvery white inside and a black trim around them

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think the last two are silver laced cochin and possibly partridge cochin. cute little assortment!

5. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    Thanks guys, I will be posting more chicks on here, possibly tomorrow and next Thursday when I bring home 30 chicks, turkeys,geese,ducklings, and guineas

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    The white one might be japanese, he has a little black on its wings, and it has short legs, it's also the only one growing a tale at the moment

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop

9. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    I'm getting more chicks later today I will post pics of them on here later, pretty sure the clean legged white one is a japanese bantam, he acts just like my other ones

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by