Not open for further replies.

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Well, now thats its been implemented for a week or so, I think it has worked out surprisingly well, in spite of peoples misgivings. The only issue Id like to see address is the sorting. I dont know if its able to be sorted by auctions ending, but I think it would be a lot more interesting and user friendly, to buyers mostly, if the auctions ending soonest were at the top. Once ended, they could be moved to a closed auction forum, or maybe you could even give each buyer their own closed auction link under their profile, so each sellers closed auctions could be accessed under the user.

It would keep the auction forums pretty dynamic and always moving, which would be fun. Would also clean up the forums and not have them so lengthy.

Great feedback, thanks!!

All those items are on our todo list. We can't promise when or how they will be implemented, but they are at the top of the list.
smile.png

For example, one thing I want to do is have a running list of the 5 ending items on the index of the forum and home page of BYC. Also, I'd like to create a page where people can sort and filter listings by all kinds of criteria.

We also want to find a clean way to organize all the open and ended listings.

Keep the feedback coming. It may be a while until we get this thing to 100%, but we hope to be close before Spring starts.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I too, think this is a great idea. It would be better for the sellers too. This way they don't have to get upset that they lost out on bigger bids because the auction got lost somewhere on the thread?? IMO-no biggie
hide.gif

Fortuntately with the changes we've made to:

1) the sort order (bumped threads don't get moved to the top)
2) the split out of chicks / chickens
3) the move of WTB items

the listings aren't getting pushed off the pages very quickly at all.

If we keep on track with the changes we have on the todo list we'll have a really nice system by Spring!
big_smile.png

Keep the ideas coming!

Quote:
Hi! That's true! It almost *seems to me* like those changes could have implemented and skipped the 'auction' part --- not complaining, I'm just not an auction fan.
And not being an auction fan, I wonder if offers that are buy-it-now could be distinguished from auctions without opening the thread (at some point)?
smile.png

Lisa

Is there a way on the "send a message to Seller" link that it can copy the title of the auction to the subject line? Might make it easier to figure out as a seller what people are asking about. Just noticed it when I sent a message to one of the test sellers.

Quote:
The system already does that. Post a test auction and click the link and write yourself a note.

No, when I clicked on the link, it gives a BLANK subject line and a blank text box to type the note. What I am saying is have it forward the auction title as the subject line. Mine comes up blank and the only thing it has filled in is Message to: Fudgie everything else is blank.

ORRRR am I getting it all wrong and when it sends it adds that information in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom