New babe what is she!?

Stormiek

Chirping
Jul 8, 2021
Does anybody know what this sweet babe is?!

Attachments

• 20220211_155953.jpg
    20220211_155953.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220211_160010.jpg
    20220211_160010.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220211_150857.jpg
    20220211_150857.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 3
Females usually have almost none or very little caruncles (the face bumps). Males get the huge ones (that sometimes even hang over their eyes/face).

Okay thank you so much!!!! Shes is so sweet shes been contently sitting in my lap for like 25ish minutes now very sweet are they all like this? We have a fawn/white runner and a peking and jumbo peking duck (both pekings are rescues) so i dont know much about muscovy at this moment but at least i know where to look now!!! Do you think shes younger or do you think she may have belonged to somebody before? (Since shes so comfortable around people) my boyfriend saw her on his mailroute in a 55+ neighborhood there was a guy trying to shoo her away but she just kept coming back to him

Okay thank you so much!!!! Shes is so sweet shes been contently sitting in my lap for like 25ish minutes now very sweet are they all like this? We have a fawn/white runner and a peking and jumbo peking duck (both pekings are rescues) so i dont know much about muscovy at this moment but at least i know where to look now!!! Do you think shes younger or do you think she may have belonged to somebody before? (Since shes so comfortable around people) my boyfriend saw her on his mailroute in a 55+ neighborhood there was a guy trying to shoo her away but she just kept coming back to him
If you're in FL, they are highly invasive and tend to be pretty domesticated already. A lot of people feed them so they hang around houses/developments. I've got a flock of over 50 in my neighborhood here that go door to door for food. So it's likely she wasn't someones pet, just used to being fed 😅.

Just be aware, Muscovies are very good fliers and if they aren't kept clipped will often leave to be with other ducks/go to another pond. They tend to go to whoever has the most food at the time.

If you're in FL, they are highly invasive and tend to be pretty domesticated already. A lot of people feed them so they hang around houses/developments. I've got a flock of over 50 in my neighborhood here that go door to door for food. So it's likely she wasn't someones pet, just used to being fed 😅.

Just be aware, Muscovies are very good fliers and if they aren't kept clipped will often leave to be with other ducks/go to another pond. They tend to go to whoever has the most food at the time.

I am in florida lol and i will defintily keep that in mind do you think she will get along well with my pekings/ runner? I would like to add her to my duck family at this moment shes roosting with my chickens happily

My Muscovy live peacefully with my Runners/Buffs and chickens and goose. Only time they are a problem is when they go broody they can be little stinkers then. Chasing everyone around all fluffed out looking like a sumo wrestler. It's quite funny.

Back
Top Bottom