New babies and older pullets (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Svetlana3k, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Svetlana3k

Svetlana3k New Egg

Jul 8, 2010
    Harvard, MA
    Hi everybody! I'm new and wanted to share some pictures of my new babies! I have 5 EEs, 3 Welsummers (including a Roo) that just arrived today, and I have 2 RIRs, 2 Golden Comets, and 2 Barred Rocks that are 5.5 weeks old and just moved into their "big girl coop". I really missed hearing the peeps over the last few days since the older girls moved out, so I'm very happy to have these new guys to keep me company in the sunroom again. The coop we have came with the house (lucky us!) - and is built into the corner of the barn/loft/garage. It has a small fully enclosed pen, and much larger run. Our older girls haven't figure out how to get up to the window yet to get out to the larger run, but enjoy every second of being outside in the smaller pen. Anyway, here you go!

New Peeps:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older Peeps at 5 weeks:

[​IMG]

Older Peeps checking out the little pen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Cute [​IMG]

3. vtsarahb

vtsarahb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Bradford, VT
    very cute! I [​IMG] welsummers!

4. Svetlana3k

Svetlana3k New Egg

Jul 8, 2010
    Harvard, MA
    I can't really tell the Welsummers from the EEs yet. I have to assume the little yellow fluff-ball is the roo?

5. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    So cute!

6. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Don't think so. She is probably one of the EE's. Welsummer roos are like the pullets except that their markings are not as clearly defined (according to what I've read -- no personal experience, here). I got an EE that looked a lot like that a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by