1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new babies...any idea what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BekahBear, Jan 20, 2010.

1. BekahBear

BekahBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    Arizona
    as you all said i would be...i'm hooked lol. after saving the 5 pullets from bad conditions i am now an addict. i just love having the birds around and they seem to love their new coop. well we went to a feed store yesterday to pick up another bag of rabbit feed and they had chicks. well long story short i ended up buying 3 of them. i have them in a homemade brooder and they seem to be doing great but i have no idea what they are. the feed store said they buy them pre-sexed as girls but i know thats not 100% accurate(im guessing ill have to wait till they are older to know for sure). also, does anyone have any idea what breed these fluffy butts are? the 2 gold/red ones i think are the same although one is lighter than the other one...they had a lot like them in the store. but the little brown one was the only one that looked like that. she/he is my favorite and is very sweet. any help with what they might be and what age they are would be great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Awww! The red ones could be production RIR or New Hampshire Reds. The brown one I'm not too sure- the legs are throwing me off. Maybe gold-laced wyandotte?

3. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    The Brown one Looks like an Easter-egger.

4. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    The reds could be red sex-link or production reds the dark one looks like a black sex-link to me.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Production Reds and a Partridge Rock

6. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    Quote:AH! Partridge rock! How did I miss that??

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It not a Rock (Partridge Rock).
    All Plymouth Rocks have Yellow legs.

Chris

8. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    the little red ones look identical to my RIR when he was a chick. the black one is cute as a button whatever it is.

9. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
  10. BekahBear

BekahBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    Arizona
    after looking at pics i agree that the red ones are probably RIR. but when it comes to the brown one i dont know.....i looked up pics of the different breeds you think the brown chick could be but i still just dont know. here are a couple more pics of her. let me know what you think (after i read the post about her being reffered to as "cute as a button" i decided on her name. it just fits for some reason. her new name is Buttons)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by