New Babies arrived today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BantamMom13720, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BantamMom13720

BantamMom13720 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    Wow, I'm so happy- I got my first silkies today. I ordered them through a hatchery and all have arrived alive and well. And SOOOO cute..they look like little poodles! lol. I hope they all stay healthy to grow up.

We have to add on to our pen, and we've been having a lot of problems with coons lately, my son shot one last night and hopefully he'll be able to get all of them. Can't stand the darned things.

Well, wish me luck with the kids!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    That is so exciting![​IMG]

Protect those babies from those coons!

3. BantamMom13720

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    Thanks so much... I had a true pet, Sophie and a coon took her right out of her play cage. I was just sick about it. My boys were late getting home from town and I was away- it was awful. THEN last Friday someone ran over my darling kitty. Its been a rough summer that way. I don't want anything to go wrong with these little guys.

I have 10 polish bantams coming next Wednesday, I can hardly wait!

Thanks for writing to me , you're my first !

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    What colors did you get? I have 2 white, 1 blue & 1 buff silkie. My daughter named the white ones Powder & Puff.

5. BantamMom13720

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    Well, I was only supposed to get blues, but they mixed the colors... I have several black; three light grey, a lovely little pale silver one, and 3 yellow, which I assume will grow up white.

My barred rock mamas starting hatching their clutch today and I'm hoping they'll foster these little guys. I also got 10 polish , mixed colors. SOOO cute... like little poodle chickens..lol

How old are your silkies? Are they hard to raise?

[​IMG]

6. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Oh I bet they are so cute. Can you post some pics for us?
    [​IMG]

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Congrats on the new babies. I got three little silkie chicks for my son last week. I don't know if they are red or partridge, i thought i was getting buff, but I am sure they aren't that! They are so cute regardless.[​IMG]

8. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Congrats on your new babies! I have 2 silkies also. 1 white and one black. My neighbor calls them poodle chickens! They're not hard to raise. They are so sweet. They like to go broody alot, tho!
    I also have 14 other different breed chickens, the white silkie, Scrappy, holds her own with them. She chases the cats away, also. And my neighbor's dog is so afraid of her, it's funny. Good Luck and have fun with them....they grow up so fast![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by