New babies coming!! ...shhh dont tell him though

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by havi, Aug 31, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I told DH this past spring that I wanted to get A chicken. He told me fine, that one chicken would be fine for the both of us. Well I found out that they are companion animals and I couldnt get just one. So one buff orphington turned into two. Then those two turned into 6, two rhode island reds and two easter eggers. Nooooowww I found out about brahma's, cochins and those ugly little frizzles [​IMG] . I just order 6 chicks from Ideal. Two brahma's, two blue cochins, one black frizzle and one white frizzle. All bantams though. They should be getting here 9/10. SO I have to get building. Shhhhh hubby doesnt know yet. I can bet hes gonna kill me though. Lol.

2. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    LOL You sound like me...I have 8 Mille Fleur chicks that I am picking up from Meyer on Tuesday that hubby knows about.....7 chicks I am picking up from a BYC member that same day that he doesn't know about LOLOL

I figured he isn't going to care, as he gave me permission to get some Dominiques from another BYC member, so what's 7 more right??

(I am pretty spoiled and as long as I have the shelter for them he doesn't really care!)

CONGRATULATIONS on your new chickies!

3. mustangruss

mustangruss Chillin' With My Peeps

Just put him in with the chickens in a lawnchair they will settle him down and take away any anger he might have.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I won't tell. For some strange reason that I still don't understand we wound up building a coop that is more than 8 ft. tall. Of course my current flock doesn't need that extra height, so I'm brainstormiing on ways to make it a two-story coop for a second flock! [​IMG]

5. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Thats my way of thinking! haha. Well I did tell him the other night I wanted more of a 'pretty bird' that I could carry around and whatnot. I just didnt tell him 1=6. Hopefully by next spring my smaller back yard will be the chicken yard. We just have a small one acre and the backyard is fenced in. Then there is another fenced in yard inside of it. Right now it houses our 4 dogs, but DH said I could switch them around. The dogs have the bigger yard and the chickens have the smaller. Right now the chickens are in a smaller inclosed run behind the shed, but once I get the dog yard...its on! Can you imagine how many chickens I could get!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:Oh I bet that will be great! I wonder if you could make a ramp going up to the 2nd floor. Maybe put sides on the ramps so it wouldnt be as easy to fall off. Maybe you could have the ramp clamp down to something. That way it could be removed easily to clean. I want to see pictures if you do do it.

6. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:He doesnt seem to care for the chickens. I mean dont get me wrong, he likes them, but not as much as I do. Ive been getting eggs for a couple of weeks now and Im still [​IMG] I got eggs!! He could careless. [​IMG] Hes more of a dog/cat person. Heck Im still trying to warm him up to the fact that we should get a goat or two. And this is the man that grew up more in the country than I did! Im more the city girl. Lol

7. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Well I think I may faint!

Last night, hubby asked how many peeps I have coming...so I told him...he said ok. Then we started talking about how Ideal still has light brahma's available for Sept 17 delivery and he said I CAN ORDER SOME!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hmm...maybe I should take his temperature and [​IMG] that he doesn't change his mind??? (he agreed that I can order 10!!)

8. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I definitely think its this board! I swear it is. It wasnt until I got on here and saw what beautiful birds everyone else has, and that everyone also has baby chicks. [​IMG] So that just makes you want more. Lol.

I wish we had more than an acre though. [​IMG] This time around Im going hold them all the time. I want them to be use to being held from the start. The first time round I held them but not so much. So the bigger they got the more they would run away. I didnt want to scare them and chase them. But now that they are laying they are waaay more friendly. They will let me pet them and hold them some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by