1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Babies Coming!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ornamental, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Ornamental

Ornamental Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2016
    Rock Spring, GA.
    I am so excited!!! I am placing an order for some baby chicks tomorrow. I am going to get 8 Buff Laced Polish chicks and 7 Partridge Cochins. I have always wanted both of these breeds but apparently no one in the area has them. I am getting all pullets, I am hoping to raise them for eggs. If anyone has any tips on these particular breeds I would appreciate the advice!

XOXO,
    Dakota

2. azygous

azygous Overrun With Chickens

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    This is what springtime is for! Don't you just love it?

3. Ornamental

Mar 29, 2016
    Rock Spring, GA.
    Yes! I am so ready!

4. ilovebunnies

ilovebunnies Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    I have partridge bantam cochins.Sweetest birds ever, can't imagine the bug version would be any different! <3

5. Ornamental

Mar 29, 2016
    Rock Spring, GA.
    They are so pretty! I wish I could find some buff Brahmas. I used to have one and it was one of my favorites. I've never owned either of the above breeds so it should be an interesting experience.

6. Ornamental

Mar 29, 2016
    Rock Spring, GA.
    Ok so change of plan, the buff Polish weren't available so I ended up getting the Cochins and 4 Golden Polish and 4 Salmon Faverolles. I am so excited to get them. They are three of my favorite breeds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by