New babies from Tofuranch

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by halo, Sep 17, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Look at these little guys! What a great hatch I had. I did a swap with Tofuranch for some guinea eggs, since Ive got a horrendous tick problem here. I refuse to put out poison, so I figure guineas would work. Had a GREAT hatch from her eggs (I highly recommend her), and arent these the cutest things? Ive never seen baby guineas before.

[​IMG]

Some have little stripey faces and some dont. Does that determine their color?

2. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    What cuties! Great to hear about the good hatch rate [​IMG]

3. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    Keets - so fun & so cute!!

4. melissa508

melissa508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    ma
    WOW..i have the worst luck with guinea eggs..you had a great hatch!

5. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Do they all have head stripes? They look like pearls and pied pearls. The pieds would be the ones with white. Pearls (and other fully dotted colors) should have solid stripes on their heads. The white is just covering the stripes on their faces. If they don't all have solid stripes you could have some royal purples but it looks like they all have clear stripes.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

ahhhh...what cute keets. [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's what I was thinking too, pearl and pied pearl [​IMG]

I'm getting some eggs from her soon, swapping her for some of my quail. I hope I get as good a hatch! Guinea eggs are hit and miss with me. I had 6 of 6 shipped eggs hatch once, then 3 of 19 shipped. I even have trouble hatching my own guineas eggs [​IMG]

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thanks for the help, these are cuties for sure.

9. TN Bound

TN Bound New Egg

Aug 13, 2009
    Chuckey, TN
    Hi, I'm new - don't have my chickens or my guinea fowl yet, but I have been reading and learning from this web site and a few others. I have questions maybe someone can answer for me.

I understand guineas do not like to be wet. Do they continue to free-range in the winter if there is snow on the ground? Or do you keep them in their coop and feed them store bought feed? Thank you.

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Mine free range year round, they just like to wait till they are starving and complain about it for a while first. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by