New babies-hatching as we type!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Teresamd, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Teresamd

Teresamd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2013
    I just got into chickens this spring and love them. My friend had an incubator and talked me in to bating my own. I'm officially addicted! I know everyone said to only candle at day 7 or whatever, however, I was so fascinated that I did it every night. This is an amazing process! So, today was supposed to be "lockdown" (day 18). Well to my surprise I looked in the bator tonight and saw this! Woot. I really don't think I will be able to sleep tonight!!! :)[​IMG]

2. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. foxystag

foxystag Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Ahhhh! Congrats! I love watching people have successful hatches! <3

I am a first time chicken owner myself who started with purchasing some day olds last month... and now I will be joining the hatching-my-own-eggs bandwagon this week.
    Bought me 12+ showgirl eggs! AHH.

1 person likes this.
  4. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    I can now see a beak! I wonder how long this will take? I really, really want to help it out of their so I can see it already....but I WON'T. I am not being very patient right now. LOL.

5. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    K Baha snd Foxystag...I am new to posting on forums so I hope you saw my individual replies. Thanks to both of you and Foxystag....I hope you get as excited as I am right now!!! :)

6. foxystag

May 20, 2013
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    I can see! :D
    It is no problem! And I sure hope so too! I got too nervous about my current Styrofoam incubator, I literally just bought a Brinsea incubator that will be coming a day after the showgirl eggs. That will give me a day to set them and hope they didn't get damaged during shipping. So much anxiety haha. I was actually on these boards looking for those 'hatch-a-long' type threads. ;) I have always wanted to join one and share the excitement.

1 person likes this.
  7. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm pretty new to this site. I'm not sure what a hatch-a-long threes is but will look and see now. My incubator is an old Styrofoam one but thankfully it seems to work just fine! This morning the hole was a lil bigger and I heard peeps! Oh, I can't wait to see this baby! :)

8. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    HELP....I can't get my humidity up....do I need to put a most paper towel under this egg or something. This is my first chick and I really, really want it to make it...

10. foxystag

May 20, 2013
    Long Beach, Mississippi

Perhaps put a soaked sponge in there! I am crossing my fingers for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by