New babies, new names! **pics**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by havi, Sep 13, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I have six 3 day old banties that I need to name. I have 2 blue cochin, 2 light brahmas, 1 black frizzle cochin and a white frizzle cochin. I need help naming my new babies. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sleepy eye look
    [​IMG]

My black frizzle
    [​IMG]

My light brahmas(orange) & blue cochins(top right corner)
    [​IMG]

I already have: (these six are 6 months old)

RIR- Rose
    RIR- Tawonda
    BO- Nemo
    BO- Lola
    EE- Thelma
    EE- Louise

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I decided not to name mine until i knew which we're male and which we're female, but I have a whole list when I find out. Some of the names I picked out [which are all from my favorite book 'Twilight' their all named after vampires] Isabella, Edward, Jasper, Emmet, Rosalie, Reneseme, and Alice. Their are alot more Im so not gona name I filled like the whole paper. ROFL I was bored and I have no life. Yours are so cute though. [​IMG] Well all chickens are cute period enough said. [​IMG]

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Are the Bramahs banties or large.

Call one of them Libby

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    All of them are banties. [​IMG] And thats a cute name!

5. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
  6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well I only have 3 that have names (would be hard to come up with now 70 different names!!), but they are Nugget, Chicken Little, and Bertha. Nugget, who we do not plan to eat, was our first bantie baby whose mama was stolen off the nest after hatching just her. Chicken Little is a girl, but she is half the size of her hatch-mates, and doesn't look to be getting any bigger. Bertha got her name for some unknown reason. She is, I believe a standard black cochin, but (and please don't take offense anyone!!), she reminds me of a really fat, let's say dark complected woman, as she is waddling ( too fat to walk right i guess) around the yard. Bertha just seemed to fit. She is actually my dad's chicken. He is the type that doesn't make pets out of chickens, they're for eggs and food you know, but even he calls her that!!

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I admire people who can name their chickens and then remember which one is which. I've put numbered tags on them so I can keep track of their ages. So the best I can do is ole #3 laid today or # 26 is headed for the pot.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Curly Moe and Larry. Or Curlie, Moie and Larri

9. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I would love it if you named a Blue Cochin "BlueBell" I had a little blue cochin who was named BlueBell! She died when she was about two weeks old I don't know why but I miss her very much. I probably will never get another blue cochin because it would make me too sad to think of her, but I thought long and hard about what to name her! I think it is a great name for any blue chicken! I would love if you would name one of your blue cochins after her but you don't have to. I am not trying to make this some big pitty story to guilt you in to that name. Just wanted to share BlueBell's story.

-jenny

10. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    Beautiful cochins I just hatched out 2 and one blue and one black and a mystery chick that we need to name, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by