New babies on the first day of spring!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ktblue3, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ktblue3

ktblue3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2012
    Happy to report my fears were unfounded. Despite my imperfect incubating, 13 chicks have hatched today! One day before the actual hatching day. Looks like others are pipping too. I would like to thank featherz and happyhensny for their fresh and interesting eggs! Also received some silkies from a Nassau chick/goose/turkey lady. I will keep you posted as to how things go and put up pictures soooooon! The kids are really excited about the naked neck turkens. They are so cute and funny!
    K.........

2. VannahRAe

VannahRAe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2012
    Hohenwald, TN
    Congratulations on hatching some new babies. Perfect first day of spring gift.:)

3. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    Somerville
    Congrats!

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Congrats!! I want to see pics of my NN grandchickies!! =) Did any more hatch today?

5. ktblue3

ktblue3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2012
    On day 21 another 15 hatched for a total of 28 out of 34 fertilized eggs! Today we took pictures of the children holding them. They are very excited!! Some are very nervous holding them but others are real naturals. Favorites seem to be NN, EE, our 1 silkie & 1 d'uccle, a few of the almost yellow chicks. Although all of them have some child who loves them!! Now the classrooms attract assorted children who stop by to check them out before or after school. What a glorious week for "chickenry"!
    K.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by