New babies - pics... what are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by okiepony, Sep 29, 2011.

1. okiepony

okiepony Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    So my baby that hatched a week later than the others couldn't be left with her own peeps and she got some new friends today....

Here are the pics -- what are we??

1. Light chick - yellow with reddish markings, face appears to be very light - clean legged
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dark chick - all colors...LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one is a silkie? A white one??? Maybe even a roo????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!! [​IMG]

Oh, and The Wee One... the one who needed the friends.... any guesses for the adult color?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    I have no idea, but those have got to be some of the cutest pictures i have ever seen!
    Do you know if they are purebred, or are they mixes?

3. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

A little bit young. Once they grow in adult feathers (1-1 1/2 months) I will be able to sex them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
  4. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Wait are you asking what breeds they are? Or are you asking gender?
    I agree you have a white silkie there. The light chick looks a lot like my buff orps as chicks. Do i see light stripes on the back of the light one? The dark one i have no clue on yet

5. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Sorry, i was just looking through the internet and saw a pic of an easter egger that was the same colors as the dark one. Maybe that is what he is???

6. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    It's the breed that okiepony is asking about

7. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    1 is a golden comet or red sex link or one of the other names for that same type of chicken, i think.

8. okiepony

Mar 10, 2011
    Yep, I take "stabs" at breed & final color. The three first ones came from Atwoods (ranch store) today - so I'm guessing purebreds of some sort?
    The last one can be/probably is a mutt - but color guesses are welcome [​IMG]

The light one is mainly yellow, and the lighter spots on the back are in my estimate the same as the overall color, but the darker stripes just bring them out more. The chick has a reddish marking that goes from top of head down the back of neck and three vertical dark stripes on the back and one at their bottom horizontally.

Oh, and they're all banties, if I didn't mention that...

9. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

OH, to bad they aren't taking pics for the calender anymore, cuz that cutie with the red bear... I love it. Made me go AWWW!

10. okiepony

Mar 10, 2011
    NovaAman - Thanks!! [​IMG] I realized I had a pretty good pic for the calendar two days after they quit taking the submissions... and it wasn't that one...LOL
    Oh well!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by