New babies today, 25 EE to add to 19 one month olds! Pics (*heavy*)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jtbrown, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Got 25 EE from the order today at the local feed mill, I had to order them 6 weeks ago and prepay, that is how I ended up with the 19 one month olds because I couldn't wait. I have included lots of pics, some of the other brooders. I have a group of EE as of today, a group of bantums (8 plus a slow growing pullet from other batch), and 10 sex links and light brahmas in another brooder. The rain has kept us from finishing the coop, although roof is on, half of siding, so it won't be long til we can finish the inside. I have to show them off, here they are:

Babies 1 day old today EE (Mt. Healthy)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

batch of mixed bantum (TSC) with slow growing pullet in because they had more room than standard pullet brooder
    [​IMG]

now the big girls 5 weeks old supposed to be sex links and white plymouth rock (all from TSC), but one of the reds really looks like a roo, and the plymouth rocks are light brahmas I am pretty sure
    [​IMG]

And finally, the coop in progress, hopefully we get the big girls out within next 10 days! It is 12 x 24 and will have two separate coops and a storage room in center that I can also collect eggs from. We are dubbing it a chicken palace . . . The girls will be babied!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking!

2. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    oh gorgeous chicks!

I wanted to build a coop, but the snow just wouldn't melt here and so we had to convert a shed into a coop, which actually works fine.

Go away Rain! That looks like a nice big coop!

[​IMG]

3. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Thanks, I love them. I can't believe, I love chickens. I am finally getting to be able to pick up the big ones and cuddle without them squirming to get away! My husband helped me set up the pallet brooder last night for big ones so we could put the new little ones in the big dog crate brooder. He then got a hold of camera and was cooing at them as he took pics of the pallet coop to show his buddies! Don't tell on me for telling on him, but I think he likes the chicks now almost as much as I do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by