New babies today :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LilBrat, May 17, 2010.

1. LilBrat

LilBrat Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Hello.. been a while since I was here. This time I'm not in a panic [​IMG]

we got 48 new babies! Most I have ID'd as Buffs, sex links, astrolorps, and a few various reds.. barreds. Hubby ordered 4 dozen mixed heavy breed pullets - and they always throw in a few mystery birds. Anyone want to take a shot at what these cuties are?

[​IMG]
    This little girl I'm hoping is an Easter egger.. the pictures of them as day olds all look different to me.

[​IMG]

These two I'm pretty clueless about.. the back one is more brown/grey looking than blue - my camera is playing tricks on me.

[​IMG]
    I can't find anyone with these markings on the back

I think this is the same one from the front.. but they move so much it's hard to tell
    [​IMG]

and this one ??? Turken maybe??

[​IMG]
    she looks healthy except for that featherless neck thing..

another one of her

[​IMG]

never got one with a nekid neck before [​IMG]

2. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am new too, but I think I can safely guess the 2nd and 3rd pictures are EE's, just because my two looked just like that [​IMG]

the last one I can only think Turken, but maybe there are others like them? Not sure but that's my guess [​IMG] no idea on the others but they are cuute!

3. chickgirls1013

chickgirls1013 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2010
    The first one have no clue, but I agree that the 2nd and 3rd ones are EEs! That is what are looked like! The last one is a Turken! Guess though! I am really new at this!

4. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    #1, 2., and 3 are easter eggers and the last one is either a silkie show girl or a turken.

5. LilBrat

May 22, 2008
    nice! I was hoping for at least a couple of EE's! I've been searching the hatcheries baby pictures and I think that first one might be a wyondotte of some sort.. silver laced maybe....

6. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Yea, it might be, I was just guessing on that one, but remember that it has green feet!

7. LilBrat

May 22, 2008
    I went out and checked - nobody has green feet [​IMG]

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    How old are they? My EE's didn't start getting green legs until 2-3 weeks old.

9. LilBrat

May 22, 2008
    day old peeps.. maybe 2. Today, Monday morning, the post office called before 7 AM *egad* to say they were here. I can't imagine that they shipped on a Sunday.. so I'm guessing hatched Saturday.

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I've also heard because EE's are mixed, their legs can be just about any color. But my two turned green around 2-3 weeks. Enjoy them, they are all adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by