New babies ~ What breed?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KirkKoop, Sep 9, 2010.

1. KirkKoop

KirkKoop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    I just got some chicks from Atwoods. I am not sure their breed. They were straight run bantams is all I know. #1 appears to have wings like a SL Wyandotte. #2 is a Silkie, unsure what kind. Any guesses on the others?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Sooo Cute... Oh I've got to get off this forum... I want babies... I agree that #1 looks like SLW the others are from the stink-en cute line.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Welcome! I think the last three may Polish of some sort. Really nice assortment.

4. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Partridge silkie, I'd guess silver laced wyandotte, white crested black polish, silver laved polish, and the last is def. polish, color is just a bit odd...MAYBE red crested red... They look very different when they are chicks as compared to when they grow up and molt out (especially coming from a hatchery - that's where I had gotten mine from, and at first I swore there was absolutely NO WAY they were reds). Very cute babies [​IMG]

5. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I agree- last 3 are Polish. Look just like mine did as chicks, tho mine are standard. One of mine is blue laced, the other WC black. Very pretty birds! And all those chicks are just adorable! Love close up pics like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by