New Babies!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thepromise, Jan 26, 2011.

1. thepromise

thepromise Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Orange County
    Yay!!! My Broody Buff Orpington has been sitting on 13 eggs since January 10th. [​IMG] Last night 10 of the eggs hatched! [​IMG] I got the eggs off Ebay as I only have hens and No Roosters. The listing said it would be purebred eggs; of Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, White Rocks, New Hamshires and Rhode Island Reds. So by looking at the photos, does anyone know what breeds i got from the this amazing hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Congrats!! [​IMG] They are soooo cute. Can't tell ya what they are but they are just so darling!!!

3. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Sorry, but the first thing I noticed is GREEN GRASS! Wow! No grass here. [​IMG]

Chicks are sweet! [​IMG] Love them!

4. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    They are so cute!
    Looks like you got two Barred Rocks (the two black ones) two RIR, and six White Rocks (guessing on the white rocks, they look too light to be Orps, but maybe someone who has raised Orps would know better)
    Congrats on your hatch! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:X2! [​IMG] Congrats on the great hatch! [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:I'm right there with ya! If I had chicks now, they'd be in MUD.

I can tell two barred rocks, the little black ones. Other than that, then two reddish ones would be your New Hamps or RIRs, I don't know the difference with babies. I also don't know if the light ones are whites or buffs, sorry. Distracted by the grass!

7. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010

I can tell two barred rocks, the little black ones. Other than that, then two reddish ones would be your New Hamps or RIRs, I don't know the difference with babies. I also don't know if the light ones are whites or buffs, sorry. Distracted by the grass!

If I had chicks now they'd all be sunburnt from all the 40 degree (celsius) weather!! LOL [​IMG]

eta and the grass would be BURNT [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  8. thepromise

May 26, 2010
    Orange County

If I had chicks now they'd all be sunburnt from all the 40 degree (celsius) weather!! LOL [​IMG]

Oh wow, lol... My grass actually looks a little yellow. [​IMG] The weather is starting to warm up in Southern California. We are in the mid to high 70's right now. But Spring is just around the corner. Warm weather will be amazing for the chicks. [​IMG]

9. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:If I had chicks now they'd all be sunburnt from all the 40 degree (celsius) weather!! LOL [​IMG]

Oh wow, lol... My grass actually looks a little yellow. [​IMG] The weather is starting to warm up in Southern California. We are in the mid to high 70's right now. But Spring is just around the corner. Warm weather will be amazing for the chicks. [​IMG]

It's summer in Australia, and it is actually so hot if I step outside for more than 5 minutes I get sweat beads...EVERYWHERE...[​IMG]
    I can't wait for autumn. Finally, some cooler weather...less allergens for my hayfever-ish nose and of course APPLES!!! [​IMG]

LOL sorry for de railing, couldn't resist [​IMG]

10. thepromise

May 26, 2010
    Orange County
    Quote:Oh wow, lol... My grass actually looks a little yellow. [​IMG] The weather is starting to warm up in Southern California. We are in the mid to high 70's right now. But Spring is just around the corner. Warm weather will be amazing for the chicks. [​IMG]

It's summer in Australia, and it is actually so hot if I step outside for more than 5 minutes I get sweat beads...EVERYWHERE...[​IMG]
    I can't wait for autumn. Finally, some cooler weather...less allergens for my hayfever-ish nose and of course APPLES!!! [​IMG]

LOL sorry for de railing, couldn't resist [​IMG]

hahahaha, i was like 40 degrees celsius in the winter??? lol but now i understand youre in Australia. [​IMG] The winters here in the OC are not bad, we never get snow, and the summers are very good. almost never going over 100. so its a great place to raise chickens and ducks. So i get to hang out with them everyday!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by