1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New babies!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GallusGal, Mar 6, 2011.

1. GallusGal

GallusGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama
    I'm so excited! When I joined this forum, I was trying to rehome my two pet chickens after running into a zoning conflict and an uptight neighbor. I've thankfully moved away from the land of chicken-hating upper middle class whiners who can't appreciate the beauty of the birds, to rural Alabama where I can have my chickens and enjoy them too. And my flock has grown! My rooster has three lovely ladies now, photos of whom I will post soon. But even more exciting... I'm raising two chicks! I haven't gotten to raise baby chickens in ages, so I'm extremely excited by the prospect. They are just little run of the mill bantams; I got them at TSC admittedly a bit on impulse. But GOSH are they ever cute:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    They are TOO CUTE! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And hoooray to you for moving away from those uppity snobs...[​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Congrats to you on getting your chicks. [​IMG]

4. New2TheCoop

New2TheCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Central, LA
    Cute babies!

5. lulumammato2

lulumammato2 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    They're beautiful!

6. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    Welcome to Alabama... I'll admit there are some chicken hating neighborhoods... but it seems you have found your place! Cute chickes too!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by