New baby bantam

I'm gonna put in my guess as being an OEGB or maybe a dutch*.

I dont know Rural King, I've never seen one ^^" I saw a thread on BYC that said they might get supplied via Cackle Hatchery, on their website I went through their bantams list, they sell OEGB. The chick is fairly small and slender which in my experience is very typical of those "tiny" bantams like OEGB or sebright (which I dont think this chick is, silver sebrights tend to have more patterning at this age) I don't see a beard, clean legs, theres quite a few varieties of oegb that come in light colours like that (like white, blue, self blue, splash)

*Dutch look really similar to oegb (in my opinion) except for the earlobes. I'm not sure they're often kept commercially (especially not in my area) while in my personal experience oegb seem to be more common, so thats my guess for now? Rural King's website lists all breed possibilities except on their bantams :')

I'm gonna put in my guess as being an OEGB or maybe a dutch*.

I dont know Rural King, I've never seen one ^^" I saw a thread on BYC that said they might get supplied via Cackle Hatchery, on their website I went through their bantams list, they sell OEGB. The chick is fairly small and slender which in my experience is very typical of those "tiny" bantams like OEGB or sebright (which I dont think this chick is, silver sebrights tend to have more patterning at this age) I don't see a beard, clean legs, theres quite a few varieties of oegb that come in light colours like that (like white, blue, self blue, splash)

*Dutch look really similar to oegb (in my opinion) except for the earlobes. I'm not sure they're often kept commercially (especially not in my area) while in my personal experience oegb seem to be more common, so thats my guess for now? Rural King's website lists all breed possibilities except on their bantams :')
Thank you for the info!!

Back
Top Bottom