New baby barred (pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 4-H chicken mom, Feb 25, 2008.

1. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    My first baby barred bantam cochin popped out at 2:30pm. I can hear the others talking to it. I never got the chance to candle at day 18 to see how many were still moving because I made a goof on my days. I have a note pad I kept next to the bator to write down the times the eggs were turned. Somehow I got two days of egg turning times written down on one day and didn't realize it until I was counting to make sure Sun. was day 18 and was the last day I had to turn them. I had already turned them three times, when I realized my error and I was on day 19, not 18. I started to panic because I didn't have the humidity up yet. Today is day 20. I don't know if you can see it but the egg in the top right corner has a pip in it. I hope the others follow soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Congrats!!!!!! Can't wait til my new bator gets here. Good luck with the rest of your hatch!!!

3. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Isn't egg hatching so exciting?!? lol. Good luck with the rest of the eggs!

4. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    very cute I love cochins. I am hopefully going to be getting some eggs sometime so that I can hatch some more since I only have 2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by