New baby bunnies!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Maidservant, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Two litters in one day. I typically try to have two does due on the same day, just in case.

Anyway, my NZW doe (who needs a name!) was bred with Bo, my gigantic english spot/NZ cross buck. She had 8 kits, 3 black, 5 REW. The smallest of the litter I culled because it wasn't doing very well and I didn't want it to suffer.

My black Japanese Harlequin Rex doe (Yoshie) was bred to Cody, my full english spot buck. She had six, one silver, one brown, one black, and the other three look like barely marked english spots.

It's too late to take pictures tonight, especially in the rain, and I work all day tomorrow, but I'll do my best to get pictures posted ASAP! Right now they just look like huge jelly beans with ears and whiskers, lol.

I always have such a hard time making myself to not cuddle and play with the babies. They are meat rabbits, and will eventually feed my family. I just wish they weren't so darned cute! I don't know if I could ever bring myself to do in a rex kit though.

Emily in NC

2. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    wow I just had a liter of mini rex rabbits born 4 weeks old today. I have only three and they are so adorable. I'll post pics later

3. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Pictures we want pictures! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by