New baby call ducklings. I'm quackers!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jody, May 11, 2010.

1. Jody

Jody Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Epping, NH
    This week has certainly been quackers. I visited my local feed store to pick up a bag of scratch and a bale of straw.. it took everything in my power to not buy any flying mallard ducklings, or a baby turkey, as much as I did want to.. Then yesterday I stopped at another local store that had Cayuga ducklings.. all black and so very cute.. I wanted to pick up a couple of them, but thought perhaps I should ask my wife her opinion on that, so did not.. resisting temptation was not easy.. So, what did I do today? I visited a local breeder and bought 5 baby call ducks.

Here's a pic. I'll upload some more in a few minutes
    [​IMG]

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Awwwwwweeeee- how adorable! [​IMG]

3. AmberH

AmberH Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Ahhh!!!! I'm going crazy over here. I just want to squeeze them! Must. Have. Call. Babies. NOW!

4. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Soooo Cute! How could anyone resist?
    [​IMG]

5. janastasio

janastasio Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Too cute! What color are the brown ones? Where did you find the breeder. I'm on the look out for mates for some of my males.

6. Jody

Nov 8, 2009
    Epping, NH
    Quote:She's in Nottingham. I bought a goat and call duck from her in the past and found out she just had a hatch a few days ago. She said she got tons of calls, so I hurried over to get these before the other people showed up. She had around 8 or 9 left when I left and about a dozen mallards, BUT, she has 2 batches currently in the incubator and a breeder friend whom I think is giving her more to sell. The brown one I think she said are chocolate white bibbed, and the other looks to me sort of mallard colored, but slightly lighter.. She had an ad on craigslist. I'll PM you her email

7. Jody

Nov 8, 2009
    Epping, NH
  8. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Congrat's on your call duckling's.I had 6 last year 4 snowy males, and 2 white hen's.They are awesome duck's and mine were easily trained to go back to sleep area safe at night.Hope they do well for you.

9. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats they are just the sweetest babes. Love baby ducklings.

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwwwww. [​IMG] Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by