1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New Baby Chick Attacking Feet Of Other Chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by countrygirl911, Aug 11, 2010.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    Hi today i just picked up our little 8 new additions and one of our silver spangled hamburgs is attacking the feet of the other chicks theya re all the same age how do i stop this behavior

2. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I think thats normal [​IMG] Pecking order? they will get use to each other.

3. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Yes, it's normal. Mine always do it. I just think of it as they are saying "hey, what are those things??" [​IMG]

4. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    it like she is trying to take the feet right out from under them i sometimes have to make her let go i have 2 of the silver spangled hamburgs, 2 red stars, 2 leghorns and 2 authrlorpes and she it the smallest of them all along with her twin sister they are half the size of the others and man she is fistey thanks everyone i really appreciate the help because sometimes one of the others peeps in pain when she does it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: