New baby Chick has curled Feet!!!

You can make little foot shaped cut outs and tape his feet to them. If his legs go to the sides, you can also tape his legs to the correct width. Might try searching "splayed legs" and see if you can't find some pics.

Get out the Band-Aids. Cut the sticky ends off the Telfa pad. Put one sticky pad down,sticky side up and place the foot with toes extended on it. Put the other sticky pad down, sticky side down on top of this to make a "Foot Sandwich". Keep this on for at least 24 hours. Usually this is enough time for the feet to adhere to their new position but if need be, do it for another day. The pads are enough. No need for cardboard or pieces of margarine lids. Good Luck.

You chicken people are amazing what you come up with! I am humbled in your midst.
th.gif

Bandaid Worked....Chic also had problem keeping legs together...legs wanted to do splits all the time so I trimmed a bandaid and put on sticky end on one leg and put the other end on the other leg which kept them together and now the chic is doing great..feet are straight and he walks around good. You cant even tell he had a problem he runs around with the other chics and even now seems to be the dominant chic... Funny cause when he couldn't walk right, he was constantly getting pecked at...So i had to separate him until his feet got better.

Thanks for all the help!!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:
I am going to try this method this morning. Any advice on the redness from overnight on his leg probably from dragging it or hopping around on it? chick just hatched yesterday. Thanks in advance. It just looks a little raw.

Back
Top Bottom