New baby chick ..i need help

AprilN1994

Hatching
Dec 10, 2017
My baby chick is 3 days old it had a traumatizing birth due to humidity issues it got stuck in the egg and i had to help it but its drinking and chirping non stop but it has severe curled toes and can barely walk ..i did the tape thing and it waddles a bit but it sleeps funny with its head on the ground standing up... I have a red heat lamp stays bout 96 in the tub i have and 85 in the shaded part i have no other chicks ATM but getting another tomorrow so its not lonely ...what can i give it a 3 days old ..what kinda greens and stuff..i heard boiled eggs are high in protein .... What bout my mealworms?? Are those ok at 3 days old
20171209_190710.jpg

Attachments

• 20171209_090846.jpg
    20171209_090846.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 12
It looks like a failure to thrive chick. I would try scrambled eggs and vitamins . Are you changing the shoes every day? They grow quickly. Good job on those BTW, I dont ever seem to get them right.
Welcome to BYC . As was said, their are educators here that are really good at this sort of thing and the emerg. thread is the best place to ask. :welcome

Hi April and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us:ya So sorry for the circumstances:hugs Do you have nutri-drench? I agree with @Mylied no meal worms or greens right now, but I also believe the symptoms suggest a vitamin deficiency. Curled toes are typically Complex B vitamins, while the neck is often E and the combination can be B,D and/or E. If you don't have nutri-drench, do you have liver or canned fish in oil? If so, what types?

Back
Top Bottom