New baby chick, not eating or drinking on itsown!!

lisamuller

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
My baby chick just hatched yesterday, he did have a problem at first because his umbilical cord was still stuck to his shell and after he tried to take it off of him, he bled out a little. He was really weak at first, didn't do anything except sleep all day long. He started being more active after he fluffed up, he started chirping and walking a little. But since yesterday no progress about eating and drinking yet, I tried many things, I made this homemade Electrolyte Recipe for weak chicks, I don't really see any improvement. I just gave him a mixture of yolk from a hard boiled egg and warm water. And I added some vitamins for babies in water and gave that to him too. He drinks if you get it close to him, but he won't eat. He spends most of his time sleeping and its so hard for him to stay awake. He does wake up and have this brust of energy sometimes though. I have no clue what to do, is there a homemade recipe I could try?

JacinLarkwell

Free Ranging
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
They really do need company. Maybe stick a little mirror or stuffed animal in with him if you can't possibly get another live chick. Now for the feed, it is crumbled, right? Try tapping it slightly to get his attention at it. He might just not know what to do.

Top Bottom