New Baby Chick PICs,I could not resist after daughter got me a bargain

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pdsavage, Apr 3, 2008.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Ok i was waiting for the sale Saturday and well went to town and walked in to orscheln cause my daughter wanted a duck.I wasnt worried cause last time i was there they had said they wouldnt have any i wanted.Well i was looking at the chicks and what do i see Ameraucana.My daughter is like you should get them all i laugh and say yeah if they give me a deal..she runs and ask the lady how much if my mom takes them all?The lady is like well i can go as low as $1.50.So i get all 25 and my daughter gets 2 ducks (dont know ducks breed yet)they do have little tuffs on there heads though.
    So now i have a SR of Ameraucana from Estes hatchery with Multi-colored plumage with mixed shades
    including whites, reds, browns, greens, blues, etc.
    Time will tell how many Cockrals.Then the extra cockrals will be free ill keep proubly just 2 cockrals.Ill take pics i hope in the morning...
    Im so happy,now i gotta finish the coop and pen so i can get these babies into the bigger brooder.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    HeHe! It's dangerous to go to those places!

Where are the pics?

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by