New Baby Chick with several purple feathers,how why?

PachecoFTW

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
I went to the second local feed store to buy feed for my new polish chicks and a five week old chick, that looks like a buff orpington was there it was the oldest agmonst the day old chicks the wierdest part is it had purple feathers throught its body if anybody can elaborate please the teen agers that work there didnt know anything also its comb is developing pretty quick, sorry no pics right now will post ASAP. Thank you

Sounds to me like they used the "blue" spray that can be used on a wound.(Its actually purple) Its supposed to stop others from pecking a hurt spot. TSC always uses that spray. If its a nice bright clean purple than thats what is on them!

thanks for the reply i also think they used the "Blue" spray but the weird part is its throughout the body not in a concentrated area, i also think its a rooster (hopefully my first) because it was about 5 weeks old in a bin full of 1-5 day olds and alot of city's in California don't allow roos, thanks if there is anymore information i appreciate it again i apologize for not having photos get to work early come home late no time.

Last edited:
It's also possible that they used it on another chick in the bin and in the process of the chicks moving around and huddling, this chick got random spots of the Blukote.

Back
Top Bottom