New Baby Chicks for March

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blue_egg_lover, Feb 9, 2011.

1. blue_egg_lover

blue_egg_lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Hello everyone!,

Thought I'd introduce myself here. We had chickens growing up as a kid. Lots of Ameraucanas, Plymouth Rocks and Cochins. But that was a long time ago. Now having kids of my own and moving out to the country we decided to raise some chickens. The chicks will arrive March 24th. We are very excited. We wanted a wide variety to start us off with. We ordered 2 Crested Polish St. Run, 5 Ameraucanas pullets and a rooster, 2 Black Australorps Pullets, Assorted Cochins pullets, 2 assorted Plymouth Rocks Pullets and 2 Assorted Wyandotte Pullets. I never had a Black Australorp or a Wyandotte but heard they were friendly and good egg layers. I tried getting ones that were pretty kid friendly. Looking forward to March and getting to see our little fuzzy chicks!

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from west Michigan!
    I love my BA girls they are so docile and friendly.

3. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    First of all, [​IMG] from Texas! I've never owned a Wyandotte or a Australorp, but I do know that the Plymouth Rocks are amazing. [​IMG] I don't know what I'd do without my chickens. Once again, welcome to the BYC Chicken Addiction!!!

4. blue_egg_lover

Feb 9, 2011
    Hello from Upstate NY! Nice to meet you both and thanks for the warm welcome. Chicken_lover, my chicks are coming from Texas. [​IMG]

5. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    [​IMG] Welcome from Florida here... I am as well expecting an order of 25 chicks March 3rd.
    i am getting some Black Australops, Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons.. I picked them for their quiet and friendly dispositions..

I use to have a whole lotta Rhode Island Reds. and they were loud and evil at times..lol:p

6. blue_egg_lover

Feb 9, 2011
    Evil lol I know what you mean though. A friend had some of them and they could be stinkers when they wanted to be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by