New Baby Chicks! lots of Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Catalina, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    I picked up my baby chicks last night at the Post Office! [​IMG] They're from My Pet Chicken and they all seem really healthy. I ordered an Australorp, a Delaware, a Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam, a Golden Seabright Bantam and an Ameraucana Bantam.
    When I opened the box and took them out there were five like I'd ordered, but instead of a BPR there were two yellow chicks, which I thought were 2 Delawares. [​IMG] I was a little sad, because I was really looking forward to having a BPR. They're sooo pretty!
    The chickies were settling right in eating, drinking, ect. I watched them for about an hour - LOL I never knew they would be sooo fun to watch. It was almost 1am so I decided to clean up and I picked up the box they were shipped in and :eek::eek: I heard a little peeping sound coming from behind/between the straw and cardboard!!!!
    The BPR was still in the box!! She is sooo tiny, but she started drinking and eating right away and she seems to be OK. Of, course I felt really, really guilty and I had to watch her for another couple of hours! LOL

[​IMG]First Photo w/o BPR

[​IMG] little lost Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam

[​IMG] Seabright Bantam

[​IMG] Seabright and Delaware sleeping

[​IMG]Australorp & Ameraucana Bantam

[​IMG] Seabright Bantam

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    So cute!

3. Rooster01

Rooster01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Southern WV
    Great looking chicks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Awww, lucky for that little chick that she peeped when she did! [​IMG] Good luck with these (I'm assuming) girls.

[​IMG]

5. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    From what I've read here about customer service at MPC, you should at least give them a call and send them an email about the mistake. I doubt they send you a replacement, but you might get your money back.

6. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    That pic of the seabright sleeping on his head is sooo cute! [​IMG]

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:Haha. My thoughts exactally![​IMG]

8. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I love the one who is trying stand on his head! Are you sure he aint part bat, or opossum?[​IMG]

9. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Oh my gosh!!! Poor little peep! She almost got thrown away! I'm so glad you found her.

The photo of the little girl doing the face plant totally made me lol. One of my girls did that the first day as well, I thought something was wrong with her at first. [​IMG]

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG] That baby on her head has me rolling on the floor. I've never seen a chick do that before!!!!

Poor barred rock. [​IMG] I'm glad you found her. I wonder how long she was stuck under the straw stuff. Poor baby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by