New baby chicks

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Dustieburk, Mar 20, 2015.

1. I just got my baby chicks i ordered i am so excited to watch them grow. The breeds i bought are 2 Rhode Island Reds, 6 Easter Eggers, 2 Welsummers, Delawares, and 4 Black Copper Marans. I have already had Rhode Island Reds but none of the other breeds does anyone have anything they can tell me about the other breeds?

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Easter Eggers are cute, adorable, and fun to watch! PLEASE post pictures of them when they arrive!

3. Got them a couple days ago will pot pics as soon as i get time. They are so funny and cute.[​IMG]

4. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I've had Easter Eggers and for a brief time, a Black Copper Maran. The EEs are very fun to keep and most are very social. One of mine will even perch on my arm! The BCM was BIG and very quiet. I would love to see pics as well!

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Urban Flock

Urban Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Southern Oregon
    Great photos, super cute chicks. I also like the Americana's or Easter Eggers. I have one that has to jump on my shoulder every night before going into the coop to say good night. They are smaller birds but lay large eggs so the feed bill is a bit less. Also like BR, BA, and the Sex Links as they are nice layers and friendly.

7. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    They are soo cute! [​IMG]

8. Thank you love them all.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by