1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Baby Corn Snake

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Kanchii, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Meet Cornelius the Corn Snake! He's just a baby, barely a foot long, and so very sweet and good natured, loves to be held, what a good boy! I'm new to snakes, and I'm guessing from other pictures I've seen that he's a candy cane, but someone who knows more about snakes could probably tell me. The color in the pictures is bad because of the flash, he's a darker orange and has more intricate, smaller lighter markings you can't see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    What a pretty snake, I like the marking on the top of his head. [​IMG]

3. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    hate to brag but i am like a expert with snake i am 10 and i have caught a rattler there fun sorry cant help with the breed (ya i am a expert alright [​IMG])

4. Kanchii

Quote:Me too, its like tie-dye! [​IMG]

YIKES Rooster, be careful!

5. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    Quote:Me too, its like tie-dye! [​IMG]

YIKES Rooster, be careful!

lol tie die [​IMG]

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Madison,

He's so cute! Looks like an Amel to me. Candy Canes have pure white backgrounds usually, and his seems more pink. But that 3rd pic sure looks like a Candy Cane,lol. You can get the best pics of them outside when its overcast, atleast that's what I've been told. Are you sure what sex he is? Where did you get him? Its great to see another Corn Snake lover around here!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  7. Kanchii

Quote:Yes his background is creme colored, with pale pink lining his orange spots, and then white circles down his spine in between the orange dots with pale orange spots in the middle of those.

No, I'm not sure what sex it is, I've just decided its a he in my book [​IMG] And I got him at Petco. *is shunned* I really hate buying animals at petco, since their rodents always have diseases and stuff and are really only bred for feeders, but these guys were lively and looked very healthy, as did all of their reptiles.

8. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:Yes his background is creme colored, with pale pink lining his orange spots, and then white circles down his spine in between the orange dots with pale orange spots in the middle of those.

No, I'm not sure what sex it is, I've just decided its a he in my book [​IMG] And I got him at Petco. *is shunned* I really hate buying animals at petco, since their rodents always have diseases and stuff and are really only bred for feeders, but these guys were lively and looked very healthy, as did all of their reptiles.

Hmmmm.....Well I really dont know,lol. Candy Canes are just special bred Amels anyways, so he really is technically an Amel,lol. They are just like Sunglows. Sunglows are special bred Amels that are bred to have no white on them. Candy Canes are special bred Amels bred to have a lot of white! [​IMG]

Haha, well I guess it really doesnt matter. Yuck, I dont like Petco, and apparently you know why, haha. The reptiles at the Petco here look terrible. My first Corn came from a great petstore, but the rest came from breeders. Now that you own one, you do know you have to get more, right? [​IMG]

When you want more, cause you will [​IMG], I know a few breeders on CA. Joni Garcia is a good one, and she only lives 20 minutes away from me. I met her at Petco last month to get Dawson.

He's really adorable, and I love his name. Good Luck!

9. Kanchii

Yes, I DO want more! I'm just not sure what my parents may do to me if I get more [​IMG] But they probably wouldn't even notice at first... Hmmm, how tempting. Knowing me I'll end up falling in love with one at the Expo and just HAVE to take it home [​IMG]

10. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:Yep, I wanted more the day I brought my first one home,lol. My parents said only one, then I asked for a pair for my birthday and got the ok. Then the breeder sent me another pair, after calling us of course, and then I got Dawson just recently! It gets addicting,lol. You will be amazed at the ones at the show. Every color you can imagine, and more! And they sell tons of reptile supplies for great prices too. You should definitely go! We can have a BYC gathering there too,lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by