1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New baby duck pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Here are some of the new baby ducks! OMG I could just gobble them right up!!! I'm in LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Awwwww ducklings. <3

What breed?

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    They are so cute!! [​IMG]

4. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oooops..should've told you guys. They're Indian Runners!! I got them from an awesome Ebayer who goes by Andreaseggs. There's another baby drying, one egg that never pipped and another one that is pipped and the baby is working to get out. I lost one baby who died trying to get out of its shell. [​IMG]

I have Pekin's and White Call ducks so these guys will add some color. YAY!!

Laurie

5. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I got my eggs from andreaseggs, also!

All but one of mine hatched, he died trying to get out of the shell, too. [​IMG]

Congrats on the babies!

I'd try to take pics of my 20 day olds, but they think they're lapdogs.

[​IMG]

6. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Hey our ducks are "related"! LOL

Laurie

7. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    aaw they are so cute!

8. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    MORE PICS MORE PICS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Soooo precious!!!! [​IMG]

10. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Here's some pics of the darker colored one. He/she has black feet. Any idea what color it is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one hatched and it's in drying off with the other one. The last egg never pipped. I removed it from the incubator and listened with my husband's stethoscope to see if I could hear any peeping, scratching, anything. Nope, not a thing.

I decided to take a chance and try to open it from the air sac. It hadn't been punctured. I continued. The baby had died sometime before hatching. [​IMG]

I do have 7 beautiful ducklings, though. I also have to say that the ebayer that I got them from...andreaseggs...she sent me 11 eggs. They were packed wonderfully. There were 11 eggs, 1 was horribly broken and 3 were cracked. I don't know how the post office managed it. She packs a box within a box. Her packaging was the best I've ever gotten. So I think they played football with my carton. I waxed the 3 cracked eggs. The 10 remaining eggs were fertile, 1 quit half way through.

All 3 cracked eggs made it to hatch!!! Her fertility rate is amazing, especially with these eggs being shipped!! I highly recommend her if you want gorgeous Runners and a great experience!!

Laurie

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by