New Baby goat and Deer picture.. Cute!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by zatsdeb, May 26, 2008.

1. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    finally I got pictures of my new babies outside, and they were having a great time!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this picture is my hubby with the goats, my little spunky the blackheaded buck will walk on his back legs... he is so funny!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I love it! How adorable... you gotta tell me about the deer. You are obviously raising it. How long have you had her/him? What do you feed it? How did you come by having it?

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] OMG those are fantastic pic's - you have a fantastic bunch of animals there!

4. zatsdeb

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    the deer is a euorpean fallow deer, a doe, we have had her almost 2 years. She belonged to some people about 2 miles away, they had 2 deer, and a miniature donkey, the donkey got big and started getting nippy towards the people, and they got rid of him, and the deer left. Lily found her way here, I don't know about the other one. the people didn't want her back, and she was skiddish because 5 guys held her down while they cut the tag from her ear, she was very shy, but we can pet her now, while she eats. she eats goat feed, hay, corn, and apples, carrots, any snacks the goats eat. she was in with our donkeys, I think that is why she came here, she must have been reminded of her donkey friend.
    So... she loves the goats, and the donkeys. she goes in with the donkeys sometimes but they get a little too rough with her. she seems to be content with the goats. our property is fenced in and she pretty much has run of the place.

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    [​IMG] Awwww they all look so happy and healthy! I'm so glad the deer ended up with you!

6. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    That one brown goat with white spots is huge! That's the biggest spottiest goat I have EVER seen... [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Kim

7. zatsdeb

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    she thinks she is a goat! they were all running together in the yard, from the front to the back... her and all 5 of the baby goats!!! Frolicking!!!! and Scampering....!!!

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ahh!..those are the cutest pics!!..i love goats and deer(thier related ,you know..that probably why they get along so well!)..i have 2 goats now...but would love more someday. what kind were they, nubians?...soo cute!..Wendy

9. zatsdeb

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    my first two goats are sanaans, and they are bred to boers so the babies are half boer. the others are pure blooded boer, and 1 other is 1/2 boer-1/2 sanaan.
    So..... I milk too! Goat milk is wonderful!

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yeah, it is yummy..i tried it for the first time when i picked up my alpine baby..a few weeks ago...i was thinking of getting a female now!..lol..and the goat cheese also was very good!..wendy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by