new baby muscovys <3

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jarvis, Jun 17, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    i got myself four baby muscovys today
    two are three days old two are three weeks old cyclops hurt its eye [​IMG]

the two day olds with same mama :

siren
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

typhoon

[​IMG]

the three week olds ..

cyclops (poor baby )
    [​IMG]

sphinx

[​IMG]

(lol it looks like sphinx is eating sadies head !!!)

their parents were all different colors .. so .. these lil ones may look like anything .. =O

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Hmmm a duck with eye prob thats named cyclops. I feel bad for the poor baby it looks like he has a wet eye.

3. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    yeah i named it cyclops cuz of the eye .. its runny .. should i bring it in and keep the eye wiped off what do i do for it ?? they were running loose all over the place where i got it .. the chocolate one looks like it has a big scar on its head .. [​IMG] and the guy mentioned he lost several of the babys to owls ... [​IMG]

4. Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    Cute pics, I like the dogs tongue is sticking out to the side

5. ceth_k

ceth_k New Egg

Jun 9, 2011
    Your dog, with his tongue hanging out and all, is sure waiting for a chance to be alone with your cute ducks.

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    The duckling with the weird eye needs to be separated. I have no clue what's wrong with its eye but unless you want the others to get it I would seriously think about separateing.
    I hope some of the more experienced duck people come and look at this duckling. Maybe make a thread in the Emergency section?

Good Luck!
    ~Steven

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

You should seperate the little one with the eye problem. bring it inside and try to wipe clean it's eye whenever you notice it getting yucky-looking again, you can use a VERY LIGHT soapy water on a cloth & let it take a bath afterwards. If that doesn't clear it up after a while or if you don't see improvement then you may need to get some medicated eye drops from the vet.

I had a duckling with a weepy eye and it took a couple days but it cleared up, many different things can cause it though.

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Those are cute! It looks like the dog is ready to "play" with his new friends. I hope Cyclop's eye gets better. If it does, what will you name him?

9. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    ill prolli leave its name cyclops lol =)even if it get better

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by