New Baby, New House, New Job.... NEW CHICKENS!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BuckeyeDad, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BuckeyeDad

BuckeyeDad New Egg

Jan 24, 2016
    Hi I'm Tim hailing from NW Ohio! I have a beautiful Wife and a 9 month old baby girl Brooklyn or "Brookie"! She has my heart! To say we had a productive 2015 would be an understatement. We bought our first house, a 100+ year old farm house, had our first baby and I started a new job, finally landing my career job in law enforcement.

When we bought our home we knew there was one thing we wanted to do, have chickens. We are huge animal lovers and my wife is a self proclaimed "hippie". As for me, I love the challenge of a new task and I love building things and using my hands. So the prospect of building a new coop has me very excited.

We believe this will not only be great for us as family, as we will get the satisfaction of fresh, healthy eggs, but also will teach our daughter where food comes from and how to appreciate that.

We are expecting in May... no not another human baby, but 8 baby chicks! They are 3 easter eggers, 1 New Hampshire Red, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Black Australorp, and 1 Barred Rock and 1 White Leghorn. They are all hens and will be used as laying chicks only.

We are so excited about our new adventure and look so forward to getting to know all of you!

Here We Go!

-Tim

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Tim

Glad you could join the flock! Oh wow 2015 sure was a year for you!! I'm sure your really going to enjoy your new chicks, it's a fabulous experience raising them. They are lots of fun and very rewarding. Watching them grow into their personalities is just fab. Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots of great articles to help you get started, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Tim. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Jim, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy. Have you checked out the coops section for ideas- many styles, sizes, etc.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Tim and a warm welcome to our community. I hope that all goes well with your venture. Lots of coop designs here to give you inspiration- just make it as big as possible because chicken maths will catch up with you in the end :thumbsup

All the best
    Ct

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Tim, [​IMG]

You sound like a busy guy! Congratulations on the baby girl, the new/old house, the job and an upcoming flock.

It's nice to have you here!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Tim!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

10. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    Hi Tim! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by