New baby pics! (and some old ones too)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shelleyd2008, Jan 12, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG]

These guys hatched early Sunday morning. There are 5 total so far (still have one trying to hatch), but the other was still in the bator.

Here are some 3 week pics of my pekin babies, Toot and Puddle (sorry, my 4 y/o named them!).

[​IMG]

And some first bath pics I don't think I posted [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!!

2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    TOO CUTE... I had my Pekin hatch yesterday. Only one though. Its buddy gave up 2 days ago [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Aren't baby ducks just the cutest things?? [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What breed are the first set of ducklings? They are very cute.

5. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:They definately are!! They are also the messiest things! [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:They are supposed to be cayuga, but some may be mixed with rouen. I think one of them is mixed, as it has yellow on its feet. They are supposed to be pure black, or black with yellow bibs [​IMG] They are just beautiful when they are older!

7. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Hey yall that was my baby duck eggs.And now they are my Grandbaby`s,I think they are so cute and beautiful.I could just squeeze them right through this screen.lol,,,Sandra,NC:lau

8. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    your little ducklings are the cutest things! [​IMG] (and i love the name Toot! [​IMG] )

9. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Hey Shelley,they are so precious.I hope that you enjoy them as much as I did mine.They look just like Cayguas except the yellow and black foot one.And he more than likely is part Rouen.Let me know when you get more.has the other one hatched out yet.[​IMG] and to think they came all the way from NC [​IMG] Sandra Huffman,,,We love you Girl...Oh what did Christian say about the little babys???

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Cristian just loved them of course!! He loves baby anythings, but ever since he saw a pic of a black duckling he has wanted one.
    The other one still has not hatched, I keep peeling a little bit of shell away at a time. It almost looks like it is not ready to hatch? But I know it has been pipped since Friday, at least into the air cell. But I got to a part where it looks like I can see yolk still? And there was a little bit of blood then, so I wrapped it back up and put it back in the bator. But it is the last one, unless one of the others that is not 'full' is still alive. I had the bator die around day 8-ish, so it's hard to say. The others hatched right on time though, so that's weird. They were pretty cool to the touch Christmas morning when I noticed it. Hope the last one makes it out!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by