New baby pics!!!

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
Well, the new Brinsea Octagon Advance EX with the humidity module will be here Tuesday! I have ordered the following eggs for my first use of the new bator:

6 Standard Salmon Favorelles
6 Standard Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
12 Standard Light Feather Footed Brahmas

The Octagon is supposed to hold 24 standard chicken eggs but I have heard it doesn't if they are very large eggs. I guess I allowed for breakage during shipping. Gosh what if I get extras??? Yikes, some may have to go into the Hobavotor until I candle and cull the bad eggs. Anyway, I am so excited. I don't need 24 more chickens but I will pick my favorites and put the others up on Craigslist. They breeds I got seem pretty popular due to the number of competing bidders so I think I shouldn't have problems getting them re-homed.

My LG bator has 3 cochin bantams and 2 BB Red OEG's in it due to hatch tomorrow. I don't have much hope. They have huge air sacs and are not moving much. I have lost 6 since incubation began due to huge temp spikes. I have 3 BB red OEG's in the Hobavator due to go on lockdown tomorrow. They too have been subjected to huge temp fluctuations but are moving around some. As soon as the Brinsea is up and running I will put the LG on Craigslist but probably keep the Hobavator as an emergency back-up or in case I get extras.

My MPC silkies will be two weeks old on Monday. Here is their pic from today:

34566_fall-2.jpg

Wish us luck!

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
We just set eggs the other day in our brand new Brinsea Eco 20..... I am hoping for good results, but hubby already messed with temps. Hopefully it won't hurt at an early stage.
hmm.png

I finally told him that 48,000 BYC'ers know more than the Brinsea booklet.

Quote:
Nothing yet. A watched egg never pips it seems. I need to find something else to do. My fortune cookie on Thursday said "This weekend will bring you a surprise." Here's hoping Confucius was right.

Thanks for asking. I'll post pics when I get something!

Mary

OMG I spoke too soon! One cochin egg just rolled, and one rocked and pipped right before my very eyes!
lol.png

Update: 2 cochin eggs pipped!

Took the little guy 3 hours from pip to pop! Here is his, alert, active and LOUD! He is a bantam red cochin. Two buff cochins are pipped but the OEG's just laying there doing nothing!

Isn't he THE cutest thing!

34566_fall-3.jpg

He can't believe I can't get the temp and humidity correct!

34566_fall-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom