New Backyard Chicken Family in California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vanrad10, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Vanrad10

Vanrad10 New Egg

Mar 27, 2016
    Northern California
    Hi All!!

I can't tell you how excited my little family is to have 6 chicks. My husband has been doing so much research and really wanted to get our 18 month old some chicks. So today my husband and son surprised me with 6 chicks and everything to raise them in there brooder. We have 3 Americana and 3 blue cochins. We have never raised chicken but my grandmother on the other hand has raised them her whole life. We are in the process of building there large coop. I know we have a lot to learn but boy are we excited! My son is so eager and gently with these little ones! BYC has been such a great resource for me!! Thank you for all the information to come in advance!!

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful Learning Center [​IMG]

That makes me so happy to see a family teaching their young how to care for animals as it seems to be a dying art with most people living in the cities now a days so enjoy your new flock and I know your Americana's also known as Easter eggers or for short (EE), (EE's) will be the hit of the yard with you children as I have many in the yard and in the kitchen with the green and blue or even pink eggs I could go on but you will learn all of this in time so be happy [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is one of the grandsons last Easter with his new chicks I gave him [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And the happy box of chirpers Easter eggers, Russian Orloff, and Molten Houdan [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Our new Turkey just joined the brooder club [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Their first morning in the brooder all so happy [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even the ducks have to start off somewhere [​IMG]

Hope to see you around the BYC Trends, oh if you have any questions just ask as someone will ether tell you where to go for better help or help you right then as it is a great place on BYC [​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

3. Vanrad10

Vanrad10 New Egg

Mar 27, 2016
    Northern California
    Thank you for sharing!! I love all if the pictures and information. You have such a great flock! You seem to have great knowledge and will ve a great resource!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. It's great when kids get involved with the chickens. Has your son picked a favorite yet?

6. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hi :frow welcome to BYC! Have fun!

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's so much fun to see kids enjoying the chicks. Raising poultry is a wonderful hobby for the whole family.

Thanks for joining us!

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by