New Backyard Chicken Man in Georgetown Texas

GeorgetownTx

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
We're new to this. We have (8) four-week-old Golden Sex Link chicks and I've just completed their 6x6 raised coop w/attached 6x12 covered run. Currently feeding them Purina Medicated Chick Pellets but just started them on an additional ration of spent barley and wheat from my beer homebrewing process, mixed with ground flax seed. Looking forward to learning and sharing here.

Thanks,
Mr. Tristan

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the new babies! Make sure they are getting enough of their chick starter to grow healthy and strong, and also provide grit for the gizzards to grind up all the grains.

So glad you could join our community and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

My very best friend lives in Georgetown. She comes down to the coast to visit as often as she can. I have six 10 week old Golden Sex Links of which one is a rooster. I have another rooster that is Black Australorp. He crowed for the first time Monday morning. It was short but cute. Love your coop. Here's a picture of mine below.

As soon as we get the main chain link fence secure on the bottom they can have the whole yard to free range. Right now I have 21 hens total and 2 roosters. I think I need to reduce the number of hens. I bought 12 and got 12 free, that's how I ended up with so many.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom