new bantam coop :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AHappychick, Feb 8, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Well here it is SO and I started at 10:30 this morning and just finished at 1:30 so not bad in 2 hours. I am so happy it would have taken me all day to do this alone, he is very good to me. I needed an extra coop for my bantams and black skin gene experiment so this will do for now. Once spring is here I will be building a large coop and run and the chooks will go back outside for good [​IMG] I am going to use these 2 coops as breeding coops later, and maybe as a hospital as needed.

I used an old cabinet that had a hatch type door on it as a nest box (the white thing sticking out) and poultry netting (no predators I am in a garage) for ventilation and to get light. I grabbed a small limb that had fallen over the winter storms and made one roost and another out of a 2x4. I wanted to use pellets for the floor but still had a bag of shavings so I wanted to use them up. Had a cute bird ladder and even though it is not needed I thought it would look nice. Now I am gonna go put in the water and food and toss their little butts in and see how they like it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bacchus

Bacchus Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Looks good! [​IMG] Simple and functional is the best way to go.

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    well I am gonna have to put in a better feeder, I have one on the way from flemming, but other than that they seem to like it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Your coop looks super fantastic, and your S.O. looks pretty cute too! You have a great set up, have fun with your birds!

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh thanks, yes he is a cutie, and a keeper lol. He knew my DDH and I know that I am a hard person to date because of my situation so I really appreciate all he does. [​IMG]

6. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Really nice coop! Love the multi-colored ladder! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by