New bantam ducks ~ pictures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by asher, Jul 7, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I forgot to take a picture of the younger one, but we had just brought these pool in and they were having fun. The kids and I stood too close and got a bath, too! [​IMG]

I'm thinking 5-6 out of the 9 are boys. [​IMG]

Supposed to be mostly australian spotteds with one or two mini silver appleyards, but I cannot tell for sure which is which, yet.

(Please note: They'd been playing in mud at their home yesterday so the color is off and they need to bathe WAY more before we can get down to the true colors! hehe Also, we had literally JUST filled the pool as they were getting in. Look at that lovely dirty water already! hehe

[​IMG]

Love this picture! He (?) was watching the water as it filled up.
    [​IMG]

My favorite and the only one named so far, Peachy [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A messy flock of fluttery fowl!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is she looking at us? I think she's still looking at us. [​IMG] Be very still and I bet she'll go away!
    [​IMG]

Ohhhh! That feels goooood!
    [​IMG]

And...the livestock guard...er...uh...cat?
    [​IMG]

To give you an idea more of where he is ~ stepped back a bit. He likes to climb. heh
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Those are the cutest minature ducks I've ever seen! Its just a mystery how they can get them selves dirty........haha not really.

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    They are adorable. I want bantam ducks if I ever get anymore ducks. My 2 Pekins are monster size ducks compared to my little mutt duck. I have a guard cat also:)

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thank you! They're pretty neat...and I loved my call duck girls, but these are wayyyy quieter! hehe

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh they are real cute! I like peachy too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by