New Bantams!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rosechickens, Apr 7, 2012.

1. rosechickens

rosechickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    1. OEGB Chipmunk stripped clean legged
    [​IMG]

2. Porcelain or self blue D'uccle? Pretty blue color some yellow and feathered, it's hard to tell in the picture but it does have a slight beard.
    [​IMG]

3. Golden laced cochin or Buff Brahma? Dark back with ligher head and chest and feathered legs. I'm guessing GLC because of the lacing on the wing feathers the rest of my family thinks Buff Brahma.

[​IMG]
    4. Buff Cochin These are the buff cochin twins one has a lighter head they both have feathered legs.
    [​IMG]
    5. Black Cochin? Feathered legs black with light belly
    [​IMG]
    6. ? Black chick with light belly clean legged and the feet are mostly dark. A little bit of white on the wings.
    [​IMG]
    7. Japanese Mostly white has black spots on wings. Has very upright tail and low wings.
    [​IMG]
    8. ? Mainly black with white on belly and face legs are clean and dark. The feet are light and the winng feathers have white and black.
    [​IMG]

9. Golden Sebright
    [​IMG]
    We got our chicks from TSC and Orsclens (they get their birds fom Privett and Estes Hatchery). I love the little blue one so far and the sebrights like to dig so they get shavings EVERYWHERE!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    What kind of comb does number 3 have? If it has a single comb then you have a Cochin. Pea comb would be a Brahma. Your one D'Uccle could be a self blue too (hard to tell from the pics). One the clean legged chicks, we'd need better pics. Pics with them standing naturally are best since several bantam breeds are distinguished by stance, length of leg, wing/tail carriage, etc.

3. rosechickens

rosechickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks for the response! I will try to get better pics and I will look at the D'uccle and the other one soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by