1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new banty chicks, what could they beee? (updated pics 05/09)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by haleyluna, May 4, 2007.

1. haleyluna

haleyluna Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    i have 29 bantams from ideal that came in yesterday. i ordered three each of silver sebright, milli fleur d uccle, black japanese, blue wheaten, and red pyle. i didn't post the black japanese since they were easy to pick out. i'm pretty sure we've got the others figured out, but i thought i'd ask you guys and gals for your opinion. aside from those i listed, the other fourteen were a grab bag (some are the same). just curious to see if anyone recognizes any right off. [​IMG]

#1 silver sebright
    [​IMG]

#2 milli fleur d uccle
    [​IMG]

#3 milli fleur d uccle
    [​IMG]

#4 milli fleur d uccle
    [​IMG]

#5 blue wheaten?
    [​IMG]

#6 red pyle?
    [​IMG]

#7 black cochin?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. haleyluna

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    ok, we're thinking maybe #13 is a rhode island red...

3. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never seen a RIR that dark, but I've never seen a RIR banty, so who knows!

I'd guess Buff Cochin for #12.

I think the rest of your guesses are what I would guess.[​IMG] Not very helpful huh?

That speckled face on #11 looks so familiar...but I can't for the life of me remember where I've seen them.[​IMG]

Cute babe's and good pic's though![​IMG]

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

10 and 11 look like Buttercups. Here are mine at a few days old for you to compare.

[​IMG]

5. kalisgirl

kalisgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    Winston Salem,NC
    I agree about number 11 being a buttercup. I am not sure about 10 I would have to see the side of its face better. 7 sure looks like a black cochin to me too. 9 kind of looks like it could be a japanese.

6. haleyluna

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    thanks so much! we're killing ourselves trying to figure out what the fat lil red guy is. so poofy. everyone else has wing feathers now (6 days) and he/she is still just a little fuzzball. i'll try to get updated pictures now that everyone has feathers coming in.

7. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes! It was Buttercups, oh thanks for posting that, trying to remember wher I've seen them was driving me crazy!

But I didn't know that Buttercups came as bantams.[​IMG]

8. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:I dont think buttercups come in bantam size.[​IMG]

9. haleyluna

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    updated pictures. hope this helps! i only took a few out b/c i got home from work late tonight.

this is the one w/ just a few face spots:
    [​IMG]

here's his feets:
    [​IMG]

here's the little fluffy red one that we can't figure out. at a week old and just has a few tiny wing feathers under the fluff:
    [​IMG]

japanese?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  10. chknman79

chknman79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Crossville,TN
    Cute chicks. [​IMG] Sorry but I can't help on the breeds. Just learning myself. [​IMG] Hope all goes well though.

Last edited: May 10, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by