NEW BARRED ROCKS!!!

YumaJohnny

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 5, 2009
Yuma
Well I just got my new baby chicks! I have 5 barred rocks - Coop is almost complete and for now they are living in a cardboard box. (Any ideas when they should move outside?) I was thinking when they have all their feathers. Well here is a pic of one of the chicks spending the night in the garage for the time being!

Last edited:
woot.gif

That is the cutest BR I have ever seen. They stay inside until about 4-6 weeks depending on your climate and when the breed feathers.
I believe you start the temp at 95 and lower the temp 5* degrees each week until it is about 75 degrees.

welcome-byc.gif

what a cutie. I have 5 Barred Rocks coming but not untill June. I'm going to go crazy untill then. I'll have to enjoy all you guys untill then.

Hi! Iam in southeast Louisiana. Mine just made a month old on the 16th and have been on our porch with a light for about a week now. Last night was the first night w/out a light. Of course they are fully feathered. Soon to be moving to there fully covered,partially enclosed(kenne) coop. We have mild winters and very warm summers and of course hurricanes(How could I forget!) these are my standard babies I have bantams comming in May. These will be out on our porch with a light. I had allergy issues but I surrered threw the first 3 weeks with them in the house. We were having cool fronts comming down. Actually had one come threw last night. All were fine this am and hungery.
wee.gif
What a cuttie you have there!!!!!

At three weeks you can take them out but they still may want to have a heating light without drafts. By five weeks its warm enough in Yuma you won't need the lamp anymore.

Shucks it's hitting 100 over there today... 98 here.

Back
Top Bottom