New Barred Rocks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Saamigo, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Saamigo

Saamigo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    Hello again.
    We got these barred rocks today. They are supposed to be all pullets this time. Do they look like it to you. Geez I hope so after the last fiasco. The guy said they are 15 weeks, but they sure look younger to me. I am no expert of course. They are much smaller than our barred rock rooster and he is about 15 weeks. Let me know what you think if you can.
    Thanks [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

They look nice and healthy, congrats. I'm not a barred rock person but if I remember correctly, the females are darker then the males. They look like pullets to me.

3. Saamigo

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks, I sure hope they are pullets. I got them from a breeder this time [​IMG] They just look so much smaller than my big bruiser of a roo [​IMG]

4. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Roosters tend to be a little bigger than pullets, they might just be a tad bit younger. And yes they all seem to be pullets.

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    They all look like beautiful girls to me!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ekemily

ekemily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    They look just like my BR girls! BR combs are so funny looking to me for some reason [​IMG]

7. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful BR ladies. I'm impressed. [​IMG]

8. Saamigo

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks so much everyone [​IMG] I am happy with them. One of them seems like a little ninja. She can jump, run up walls, etc [​IMG] They are funny.
    Thanks for all the help. Now maybe things will settle down here, or not [​IMG]

9. 7cutechix

7cutechix Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    East Central Indiana
    They look just like mine (and I got a rooster too, UNexpectedly...I hope he's nice) and mine are 10, 11 weeks at most.
    They are beautiful!

10. Saamigo

Apr 26, 2010
    I do wonder how old these are. Our BR rooster is very sweet actually. I will have to post a pic of him now. He is HUGE. Maybe tomorrow I can get a good pic of him. His wings are a little ruffed up from being with the other 2 roosters. The other 2 roos and the 2 hens they like are going to a neighbors tomorrow. He raises JG so they will be ok. So I guess I will just have the BR roo and 3 hens, for now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by