New batch of Cornish Cross

Wolfwoman

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Chickaloon, Alaska
I just got the new batch of 25 CXs today. They are 3 days old and I am going to do my best to keep pictures and records of them during the next 8-10 weeks of their lives.

They are currently in a (old freezer) brooder with a lamp, feeder and nipple waterer. I was a bit worried about them not knowing what the nipple waterer was, but the zoomed right to it, I didn't even have to show them
smile.png
Obviously the feeder was a no brainer for CX chicks!! lol

Tomorrow when they are tad less stressed I will go and weigh one of the bigger ones and mark him somehow (sharpie?) so that I weigh him consistently thru all this.

Hubby bought 50lbs of chick starter that is exclusively for them.

Here they are at 3 days old...
18June10081.jpg

18June10082.jpg

18June10083.jpg

18June10084.jpg

18June10085.jpg

18June10086.jpg

18June10087.jpg

I'm right with you. I got mine Thursday. I worry about the heat here. It was 95* today, and is suppose to continue at least 3 more days. Of course they are still inside now; in the garage with a heat light. I plan to put them outside at one week old.

Not hot here at ALL ... lol

BS - Paula ordered 125, they send 135 and lost 22 of the whole batch. Sam went and picked up ours yesterday and Paula said they were going to replace the lost ones locally, that they didn't want to ship anymore.

Back
Top Bottom