New bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by golden reeves, May 8, 2011.

1. golden reeves

golden reeves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    SW Minnesota
    I just purchased a Jamesway 2700 B incubator at an auction yesterday that looked like it came over on the Mayflower and was sold as is. You could tell that it had not been used in years due to the dirt and missing power cord. I got it home last night and installed a new cord, cleaned it up a little, and plugged it in. It ran like a top but I need to find parts for it like a new door seal, door handle, back up wafers, and possibly a manual. does anyone know where I find this stuff? My google search didn't come up with much and the jamesway website wasn't much help either. any help would be great.

2. pruitt514

pruitt514 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Suches, Ga
    If you go to jamesway.com and go under sales and service under the title screen. There is a online parts catalog and a customer service number for replacement parts. I would try my luck there. [​IMG]

3. golden reeves

golden reeves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    SW Minnesota
    I,ll give their customer service # a call in the morning thanks.

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I have 3 Jamesway 2940 and one smaller one,, I forget the number just now.. I hope you have turning trays.. I searched for over 3 years to find some that fit..

I assume yours is a 110V my small one is,, the 2940 are 220V.

There is an old guy in northern minnesota who rebuilds and sells all kinds of incubators. He has a lot of parts that he sells.
    I am quite sure he has door seals for the Jamesways..

You can pick up wafers at cutlersupply.com

He is listed under hatcheries, I think.. I don't remember the name off the top of my head.. something like red river falls, or grand falls, ?? He was working on getting a web site going about a year ago..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by