new bator!!!

stines4

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Chatsworth
Well we have an LG still air which my DH put in a fan it works great but he wants to make him one. He has been working on it in the last 3 days and he hopes to have it going today lol its an old fridge!!!! going to put and egg or two in it to try it out!! how do yall think its going to work???
hmm.png

i guess lol i will have to ask him when he wakes up lol he work on it all day yesterday and got it up and running, it is holding temp good! im super excited!! PICS to come!
big_smile.png

Quote:
If its got good even temp. throughout and controled .It will probably do better than the LG.The thermostat is the Key ,if you can control the temp +- 1deg (thats the ultimate.)...cva34

My husband is building us one like this! Again an old fridge..
wink.png

A few hints or perhaps you have some feed back:
We used tiny computer fans for air circulation - what did you use?

We got a timer to regulate temperature because we either had it running really HOT or really COLD. Now we have 1 bulb on all the time and one that comes on and off. Has been doing good so far and we have veining in our test eggs! But what kind of bulbs are you guys using? How is the temp stability?

Did you line the old freezer section? We used radiant barrier because we found that the bulbs were melting the plastic.
sad.png

Do you have a separate hatcher? Turner?

Sorry to bombard you, I'm just excited to see someone else doing this at the same time we are!! Wish you all the very best of luck!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom